Monday, October 11, 2010

The Cure for Grumpiness

It sneaks up on me. Grumpiness.

The day has been a productive one, I am peaceful.

Then it happens. A jabbing comment. An unexpected chore. An overly tired whining child.

My smile becomes tighter, my words shorter, and my spirit grumbles like dark approaching thunder. It builds after it begins, and these grumpy clouds overshadow my moments and it is harder to see clearly, to feel clearly.

I need The Light! A shelter from this storm of my desperately deceitful heart.

~Proverbs 18:10

He is the strong tower I run to, and I enter His courts with thanksgiving and praise. He is the One who inhabits the praises of His people.

He doesn't reject me because I don't feel thankful. He knows that I am thankful. The feelings will follow the faithful act of speaking truthful thanks to Him who deserves more than I could ever find words for.

And in choosing thankfulness over grumpiness I am overshadowed anew. He restores rest to my soul.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
~Psalm 91: 1


Counting thanks, protected from these grumpy storm clouds... May You be enthroned here, my King!


#73 hospital bed at home that makes Grandmom more comfortable

#74 tooth brushes

#75 baby sleeping peacefully

#76 brother who thinks I'm beautiful, and writes it unashamedly, bringing me joy for days

#77 husband who loves to come home to me, hugs me without holding back

#78 Grace

#79 bed time


#81 that His mercies are new every morning

#82 that it is His kindness that leads me to repentance

holy experience


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...