Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5:: Oh Be Careful Little Eyes




We are meant to be the light of the world.

"If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!"
~Matthew 6:23

What I watch... what I read... where I look... how long I look... how often I look... it all fills me with something. 

What thoughts and feelings am I filled with? 

Are the things I am allowing my eyes to linger on things that focus me on God, or fill me with the darkness of other-focus, of self-focus?

He is Light. In Him, there is no darkness at all. In Him, there is fullness of Joy.

Lord, help me to be aware of when I am being filled with darkness, and help me turn my face back toward you. 


*This is part of a series called 31 Days to Focus. To view other posts, please click here.*

Are there things, maybe even "good" things, you have learned make it hard for you to focus on God and view life from His perspective? How are you intentional about filling yourself with light, or not filling yourself with darkness? 
















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...