Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Frame on the Masterpiece

A couple of verses have been on my mind since I posted yesterday about Why What You Look Like Really Matters a Lot.

I wrote to the point that we are just a frame on the masterpiece of Christ in us... and how important it is how we present ourselves to the world around us and fellow believers.



"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be."

~Psalm 139:14-16



And this... from the lips of man grieving deeply, fully aware of the fragility of life, and how quickly our time here passes. Let's make the most of it!


"My days are swifter than a runner... they skim past like boats of papyrus."

~Job 10:25,26


"... My whole frame is but a shadow..."

~Job 17:7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...