Thursday, February 17, 2011

What Spills Out When I'm Jolted?

I read this quote in a post nearly three weeks ago. It's been drip, drip, dripping away on a sensitive part of my heart.


“If a sudden jar can cause me to speak an impatient, unloving word, then I know nothing of Calvary love.
For a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water, however suddenly jolted.”
~ Amy Carmichael


Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

~John 4:14-15


"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

~John 7:38


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

~Matt. 5:6


Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

~Proverbs 16:24


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...