Thursday, August 23, 2012

Help Wanted! Editors? Pray-ers? Cheerleaders?

I love books.





I love how God has used words, His word, and Himself as The Word to renew my mind and carve my heart into something that looks more like His.

I love Him so much I can't stop talking/thinking/sharing/writing about Him.


So ....

(deep breath)

... I am writing a book.

Really.

And...

(deep breath)

... I'm going to attempt to go the traditional publishing route.

And I'm not going to stop halfway through. I'm not going to quit when unforeseen crises pop up(they always have, most likely will).

But here's the thing... I've got the stories, I've got the content, I've got the passion to see this through...

... but I am horrible at grammar. And spelling. And sometimes I don't fill in enough and assume my readers understand what's "between the lines".

Help. Me. Please.

Say a prayer for me to PRAY FIRST, SEEK HIM FIRST, LISTEN FIRST... Then write?

Send me a quick email or comment on a random day if God brings me to mind to say something like "don't give up!!!"? Because I am by far my toughest critic. And this isn't about me. It's about HIM.

But I'm going to need help remembering that.

Aaaaaand if you happen to be amazing at the using the English language properly... would you like to read excerpts/chapters of my book and give me help and honest feedback?



I'm so grateful for you all!

You are lovely, kind, encouraging friends and I thank God for you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rather good at English, and I'd love to help edit if I can!

Elise said...

I would LOVE that Carol, thank you!! Will be in touch! : )

Melissa said...

I weirdly love grammar, and have some experience editing/proofreading. You know I am there. :o) November is national novel writing month, so I've already decided I'm going to actually finish a project I've started this year, so maybe we can help each other out! I am SO excited to see what you come up with. You've got the stories, the voice to convey them in. So cool! (Also, I have connections to several Christian publishers...let me know when you are at that stage!)

Elise said...

Awesome!!! You know I will Melissa!!! And I thought about you... but I didn't know how things were with new house/baby/job... and you know, husband, toddler. Minor things like that.

I am SO EXCITED. And... progress is happening! : )

I am hoping to have the first things for people to edit/proofread in a couple of weeks!

And YES, whatever you write, I am happy to help out in any way I can!!

love you sister!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...