Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 1:: 31 Days of Things that Help Me Focus

Day 1:: 31 Days of Things that Help Me Focus
Day 2:: A Fresh Start 
Day 3:: SLEEP
Day 4:: Saying No
Day 5:: Oh Be Careful Little Eyes
Day 6:: Because Birthdays Keep Coming
Day 7:: Her Quiet Time Letters to God
Day 8:: A Beautiful Way to Focus Your Week--Singing Truth
Day 9:: Must. Get. Out. And. See.
Day 10: Fighting What We Can't See
Day 11: Perspective
Day 12:: Art
Day 13:: I'd Like to Ask You a Question
Day 14:: A Prayer of Dedication
Day 15:: Bible Study Tools
Day 16:: I Recommend Cutting and Gouging
Day 17:: Embracing Quiet
Day 18: One Choice at a Time
Day 19:: Recognizing an Overflowing Cup
Day 20:: A Mission Statement
Day 21:: Writing that Matters
Day 22:: Persistence 
Day 23:: Call him what he is
Day 24:: Setting the Example of Debt Free Living
Day 25:: How to Have Complete Joy
Day 26:: Simplify! 
Day 27:: Preparation
Day 28:: My Jesus Story Box
Day 29:: Not Being Good Enough
Day 30:: Serving--Speaker Notes
Day 31:: Waiting



31 Days to Focus.


Life can be overwhelming.

And distracting.

In some seasons of my life, there have been major external emergency-type things going on that threatened to paralyze me in despair or anxiousness or frustration.

Most of the time though... it's mainly me.

I have a hard time maintaining correct focus. 

The seen and the temporary can blur my vision of the the unseen and eternal.

So I'm joining The Nester, and many other fabulous 31 dayers, to share 31 days of things that help me FOCUS. 

Because this series is all about focusing... I thought it would be helpful to answer a couple of critical questions first. I want you to know where we'll be looking.

Where our focus will be:

His perfect Love that is the only reason that it is always worth it to get up in the morning and live another day. 

On Jesus, the One and Only.

His truth, His word, His Spirit, His calling, His will for us in this life.



"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
~Heb 12:2

For What Purpose? Why?

For the JOY of relationship!

It is the joy of the LORD that is our strength. How can we find joy in Him if we don't focus on Him?

"Consider him... So that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
~Hebrews 12:3

And also... these beautiful gifts of focus...

"You will keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts you."
~Isaiah 26:3

"Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness."
~Luke 11:34

"... I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing..."
~John 5:19


I want to be effective, productive, and have a heart like His. I want to have a pure heart so I can see God. 

How can I keep my heart pure? By living according to His word.

This series is about walking out that purity to maintain clear vision, correct focus, so we can see where we're going on this distracting, fog-filled journey towards our real home.

I hope you'll join me and share your own thoughts along the way!








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...