Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Wounds of a Sister

She won't make eye contact with me.

She knows I will see her. Who she really is. All the beauty and dark and light and mess of it all. She can't bear to look at herself, and she certainly doesn't want me too. The Jesus Spirit in me sees breathtaking glimpses of who she is becoming in Him.

I want to scream: Look up!

"I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."
~Psalm 121:1-2

The road Home is long. Doesn't a journey always seem longer when you don't know exactly where you are going? Sometimes shortcuts seem a needed break from the repetitive step by step by faithful step . It's easy to think "just a little resting of my weary soul here.... then I'll move on." But we are creatures of comfort.

And we are made to be comforted by Love.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
~2 Corinthians 1:3-5

But true Comfort and true Love has been so deeply misunderstood that we crucified Him as the enemy. We crucify Him still. And sometimes we crucify those who look like Him and talk like Him and love like Him.


It hurts. But open rebuke is better than hidden love. And I love her so much!

So much.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Elise I just want to thank you for all the times you were persistent with me, even if I didn't want you to be at the time.
You have helped me more than you can even know.
You constantly set the example for me of turning to God for all my needs, comforts, desires, etc.

The road Home is very long, but I am thankful God has allowed you and many others to help me walk it. And its good to know She is on that road too, I just think there are a few more potholes and boulders right now for her than there are at other times. But God never lets her leave His hand.

And thank you for always being open, and honest with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...