Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 20:: A Mission Statement

It is so easy to forget why we make the choices we do, who we want to be, what goals we are running towards.

I first read in depth about family purpose statements, or mission statements, through Tsh. She's quite brilliant. She helped me to organize my brain via her lovely book Organized Simplicity.

So the husband and I took one of her suggestions... create a purpose statement to help focus time, energy, resources. We talked over the list of questions provided in her book, and framed the fruit of our conversations.



Some day, I may ask Red Letter Words to create a beautiful custom canvas with our statement on it. But for now, framed printing paper works just fine.

For us, the process of talking together and developing a family mission statement was both amazingly fun and focusing.



Do you have a personal or family mission statement?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...