Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 26:: Simplify!

Sometimes, when I'm rotating the laundry for about the seventh time, something inside me snaps and I drop everything else I had planned for the next hours and just start shoving stuff into bags to donate.

I wonder: How can we even have this much stuff?? How does it get in the house? It must sneak in while we're sleeping or the kids must carry it in secretively stuffed underneath their shirts or in their bags...

Too much stuff makes me distracted, frustrated, anxious, and exhausted.

I mentioned Tsh before. If you need help simplifying and organizing so stuff doesn't take over your life and dictate your time, which is your most precious treasure, I highly recommend following her blog and reading her book Organized Simplicity. It helps you think through every room in your house, and how to determine what to keep, and what to let go, and why. The why is important... because otherwise the space we spend time and effort clearing will just accumulate more stuff.

Are you a Stuff Manager? Read this blog by the Nester to find out. It's hilarious. And true.

And remember when I was talking about learning to say no, and that focus is as much about what you don't see as what you do see? This is a great place for simplicity and organization to come in. Simplicity in your home-caretaking, intentionality in your budget, more freedom with your time.

And this verse? It helps me think through which items I need to have responsibility caring for, cleaning, "carrying" in this one race I'm trying to run well.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
Hebrews 12:1

 throw off everything that hinders... 



*Day 26 of 31 Days to Focus. Only 5 days left. Time flies!*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...