Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Never-Ending To-Do List

Even if the days were 48 hours long, I will never, ever, reach the bottom of my to-do list.

So...


Cleaning and Scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow...
So quiet down cobwebs,
Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby
And babies don't keep.

~Author Unknown








And remember to...

Thank God for dirty dishes,
They have a lot to tell.
While other folks go hungry,
We are so very well.
With home, and health, and happiness
We shouldn't want to fuss,
For by this stack of evidence
God's very good to us.

~Author Unknown


I hope one day to reach a place where I don't need to be reminded that spending time with Jesus, and the people whose lives He has let me be a part of, are more important than getting things done.


As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha" the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.
"

Luke 10:38-42

Like Martha I have opened my home, my heart, my life to Him... but then I busy myself with things and forget to sit and listen.

You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes...
James 4:14

Life is precious, and short. And it seems to fly by at an ever-quickening pace. Let us chose what is better, that which will never be taken away from us!

I love to hear my Four Year Old Girl sing, and even the softest coos of my Baby bring me joy. I encourage you to sing a song of praise to Him today... remember He is a Father that loves to hear His children happy. Even if you don't have joy when you begin singing, I am confident you will by the time you finish!





"Come thou fount of every blessing..."

"Before the throne of God above, I have a strong and perfect plea..."

"There is one faith, one hope, and one baptism... One God and Father of all..."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...