Monday, July 26, 2010

When Your Best Doesn't Seem to be Good Enough

Sometimes crying is necessary to maintain sanity.

Little Girl keeps talking. She is totally oblivious to the waves beating me from the inside trying to find their way out through my eyes.

It's hard to respond to her, but I'm trying. The building pressure aches in my throat and chest. Baby cries and clings to my shirt every time I try to set her down.

Sometimes a moment alone isn't realistic.

I choose to take my thoughts captive to Christ. Every one. Helplessness, hopelessness, self-deprecation and twisted truth try to fester and multiply and spread through my weary bones.

How can I make it through this day? This hour? This moment??

Truth speaks.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
~Deuteronomy 31:8


The breath of His mouth, His Word that runs swiftly, heals me and silences the Deceiver.

I am not alone. I will not be discouraged. His power is made perfect in my weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

He is more than enough for me.

Jehovah Jireh
My Provider
His grace is sufficient
For me, for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh
My Provider
His grace is sufficient for me

My God shall supply all my needs
According to His riches in glory
He will give His angels
Charge over me
Jehovah Jireh cares
For me, for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...