Saturday, September 15, 2012

If You're Finding it Really Hard to Focus

So I figured it out.

If  I could duplicate myself 7 times, I could(and probably would) give each "Elise" a full time, 8-14 hours a day, 6 days a week kind of job.

Here we go... in no particular order...

1) Full time wife and business partner/dreamer/schemer with husband

2) Full time homeschooling mom

3) Full time cook-from-scratch chef who keeps it all healthy, delicious, and budget friendly

4) Full time Beauty Will Rise(anti-trafficking) advocate, organizer, fund-raiser, blogger

5) Full time professional makeup artist, hair stylist, makeup class instructor

6) Full time counselor

7) Full time writer

Then, when I wasn't working one of these "jobs"(I thank God these things are also--in large part--my hobbies!), I would have other responsibilities/joys/things that occupy time like: cleaning the house and doing laundry, nursery coordinator/diaconate member at church, tending the garden, exercising, taking care of a nursing baby, spending time with extended family, reading/continuing education, potty training a resistant toddler, soccer practice/games, bill paying, email responding....

I'll just stop there.

I'll continue in a couple of minutes when my heart rate returns to normal...

Ok.

Ooooooooook.

The crazy thing?

You are probably this busy/stretched/wearing-or-could-be-wearing this many "hats" too.

Moderation is not my strong suit. I like to throw myself at something full force, and get it done well, and on time.

Unfortunately, I have found this to be absolutely impossible with most of my responsibilities/joys because they are RECURRING.

Blast.

So recently, something really crazy happened. I was blog-hopping(something I very, very rarely do) and I came across a lovely blog that reminded me about Nester's 1 Days of Change challenge/invitation.







Basically, you pick a topic and post about it every. single. day. of. October.

Yep, 31 straight days.

Who in their ever-lovin'-already-borderline-overwhelmed-mind does that?? I mean, is it even possible??

These are some topics people posted about last year:

31 Days to a Better Photo from Darcy at Life With My 3 Boybarians
31 Days to a No Brainer Wardrobe from Hayley at The Tiny Twig
31 Days of Living Simply from Emily at Remodeling this Life

Want to see about 700 more? Click here. 

So, when I came across this idea, this crazy challenge... I laughed. And laughed. I was only a little hysterical.

Like, even the idea of hitting "publish" 31 days in a row pushed me over some unseen edge and I just couldn't catch myself.

But as I was saying "no way... uh-uh.... never..." I felt that tiny Whisper that makes me nervous.

I got serious real fast.

"Okay God... if You want me to do this... which I KNOW You don't... then You're going to have to give me the idea, the inspiration, the passion to do this. There's no way I can even think about 31 things to write about right now! I'm so tired...

And even if I COULD think of 31 things that I WANTED to write about... that challenge would make me crazy."

But He was bugging me, so I got a pen and paper and sat down saying "okay... You tell me then..."

You know what? It took me a very few, short, super easy minutes to write down ideas to share under the umbrella of one specific topic that I actually felt calmer simply planning to write about.

31 Days of Things that Help Me Focus. 

Yep, I'm going to do it.

I'll have a fancy "31 Days" button and more info as October gets closer... but I just wanted to share because I am actually very excited about this challenge! I hope some of the things that help me focus on what and when and Who and how will help you, too!

It's going to be a wild ride.



 








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...