Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 17:: Embracing Quiet

Life is never-ending craziness. Loudness. Busyness.

Have you ever heard "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"? It can feel like that.

Don't.

Don't do it.

Today I have been singing, and reading, and remembering His realness and right-here-ness.

The gift of His presence is calming, settling, comforting... and when I stop crying for the sheer joy of being with Him... it's beautifully quiet.

I am nodding my heart to this today:

"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: 'In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it."
~Isaiah 30:15

I usually am so Martha-like-task-driven that I don't still long enough to sit at His feet and bathe in the peace that flows off of Him.

Only God in His almighty strength can quiet this woman's mind.

And He does. He is so faithful I can barely stand my love for Him.

So whatever is pressuring you, or hounding you, or stressing you right now... I encourage you to take a few minutes, pry yourself away from your to-do list and do whatever it is that focuses your mind on Him. 

He is so beautiful.

Don't you just desperately need to look long on something beautiful right now?

Look into His face.

And when you're done crying or singing or reading the word out loud... embrace the quiet.






"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
~Exodus 14:14

"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you."
~Psalm 116:7

"The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest."
~Isaiah 32:17-18

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
~John 14:27

"And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father,  Prince of Peace..."
~Isaiah 9:6



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...