Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9:: Must. Get. Out. And. See.


"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
~C.S. Lewis

This truth is comforting to me, as I sometimes feel like that lunatic.

I start feeling crazy when I refuse to slow, and still, and worship for lengths of time. My words(life, efforts etc.) seem to become mere scribbling and darkness seems the truest reality.

Sometimes the best worship is to get out of your house, and sit, and look, and see, and acknowledge God's awesome glory. Regularly acknowledging Who He is is a core part of remaining sane.






























The whole earth is full of his glory.

When I get out of my house and see it in person, not just in pictures, I am amazed.

God is real.

He is glorious beyond all comprehension.

Having no ceiling between my head and the heavens and this glory-filled earth helps focus me on Him.

Challenge: Take a few minutes to simply go outside and observe His glorious handiwork in the various forms you have around your home. Or maybe take a walk, or go to a park?

How does being outside help you focus on God? 

*This is a series of posts on 31 Days of Things that Help Me Focus. For the rest of the posts, click here.*
























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...